Selected and screened over 12 Oscar winners and multiple Academy nominees as well as number of Cannes, Venice and Berlin winners and nominees.
All films, scripts and pitches will be accepted and everyone will receive official participation/selection certificate PDF file via provided email. No restrictions on the completion date/year, no restrictions on the country of origin or genre, no restrictions if the film and/or script were screened/ submitted elsewhere/before. Annual category winners will be listed on IMDB. Bridge Fest is officially recognized by IMDb since its first edition.
From 2006-2008 and 2012-2019 festival was held in Vancouver, Canada. From 2009-2012 festival was held in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina) with the support of the Ministry of Civil Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, other municipal authorities and the city of Trebinje. In the past 14 years Bridge Fest has screened over 4000 selected films (12 Oscar winners and 3 Oscar nominated films) and hosted over 200 filmmakers from around the world. Bridge Fest also helped to bring together up and coming as well as established film professionals from different ethnic communities in a post war Bosnia and Herzegovina and Balkans. BF is officially recognized by IMDb since its first edition.
As of 2020 BF will be an online festival, open to everyone and anyone who wishes to submit their work.
Authors can submit as many of their films per month, per category as they want and can resubmit the same entry every month (if their film film did not win monthly category award in the category film was submitted) as long as they pay new entry fee. Only one filmmaker/writer can be overall winner each month per category and cannot submit the same winning film/script again to a later edition in the following month. Only one filmmaker/writer can be overall annual Grand winner per category. Digital PDF award certificates can be purchased from BF by monthly winners and Annual/Grand winners. Annual-Grand winners will be listed on BF's IMDB site.
The screenplay competition runs every month. Filmmakers/writers can enter their scripts of any genre up to 140 pages) along with the log line. Only one screenplay will win the monthly screenplay award. Only one screenplay win will annual Screenplay Award. Digital PDF award certificates can be purchased from BF by monthly winners. Annual (Grand) screenplay winner will be listed on IMDB.
Film Competition Rules
1. BF accepts month by month entries in all categories and declares monthly winners per category. After 12 month cycle, Grand winner per category will be announced.
2. All Grand winners will be listed on festival’s official website, social media sites and IMDB BF site.
3. All films and scripts will be accepted and everyone will receive official participation badge PDF file via provided email.
4. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY, per category and a completed online entry form. All films, videos, commercials, trailers do not need to have English subtitles as BF’s focus is on story but festival prefers non English speaking films to have English subtitles at the time submitted. All scripts MUST be in English. Any genre and format is accepted (from 1 minute films to long, narrative/artistic films).
5. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), or a password FREE streaming URL (Vimeo, Youtube, etc.). In the event of a password you must email the Festival immediately and provide password. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
5a. BF has right to share link for the partner film festivals (especially for children's films) for screening online if the film is monthly winner or runner-up. BF will ask for extended permission if necessary.
6. Applicant will submit his/her film in either feature or short category and indicate what genre is his/her film. We will announce monthly and annual genre winners.
7. Open to everyone, amateurs, students, professionals.
8. No restrictions on the completion date/year.
9. No restrictions on the country of origin.
10. No restrictions if the film and/or script were screened/ submitted elsewhere/before.
11. Authors can submit as many of their films/scripts per month, per category as they want and can resubmit the same entry every month if their film did not win an award in the category as long as they pay new entry fee. BF will declare one or more filmmaker(s)/writer(s) as winner(s) each month per category and participants cannot submit the same winning film/script again to a later edition. Only one filmmaker/writer can be overall annual Grand winner per category. Digital PDF award certificates can be purchased from BF by monthly winners and Grand winners..
12. The screenplay competition runs every month. Filmmakers/writers can enter their scripts of any genre, no page restrictions) along with the logline. Only one screenplay will win the ‘Screenplay Award’. Digital PDF award certificates can be purchased from BF by monthly winners and Grand winners.
13. BF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
1. Films and music must be the original work of the applicants. If a film/music composition is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films and submitted scripts, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. BF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. Applicants own or control submitted scripts. Applicants have the full and exclusive right to submit the script(s) to BF and no other person or corporation has any right, title or interest in the script(s) inconsistent with your rights to develop and license the script(s). If Applicant are submitting the script(s) on behalf of a corporation that owns the script(s), Applicant have the authority to bind such corporation. The script(s) is/are not defamatory and does not infringe upon or violate the privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, publicity or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any third party.
4. BF has not made any promise or representation to you about the script(s), and has no obligation to use the scrip(s) in any way. There is no agreement, written or oral, express or implied, between Applicant and BF concerning the script(s), other than this release.
5. BF does not accept any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the script(s). BF has the right to copy, use, and distribute the script(s) to the Jurors for the purpose of its evaluation and review. Applicants have kept a copy of the rules. BF has no obligation to return the script(s) to you and is not responsible for any loss or damage to the script(s).
6. BF or its affiliations or its subsidiaries may have already and may in the future receive or independently develop materials similar to the submitted script(s). BF has the unrestricted right to use these similar materials, and you will have no right or recourse against BF for use of these similar materials.
1. Films that have not received a full color edit, or sound edit are eligible for submission. BF prefers picture-locked submissions for the consideration process. BF’s focus is on story, technical changes such as color or sound will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
1. BF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted and pitched projects; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. By submitting your film/script to BF you agree to let us use and published your name and request promo material from you for All BF’s PROMOTIONAL activities on our website and social platforms and such.
3. By submitting your film/project to our festival you agree that excerpt of the piece of work (or trailer) and full film/project (weather is short or feature length) can be uploaded/embed on our website, third party website or on the on-demand screening platform of our choice under BF's logo for judges, audiences and general public viewing and voting. The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows BF to publish selected info to the IMDB without infringing copyright of any kind of form. Also, the entry fee and services fee are not refundable and we do not provide any feedback whether your project has been selected or not (except for paid feedbacks).
4. BF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by BF or by its volunteers.
5. Monthly winners will be announced first Monday of the following month. Grand winners will be announced every May 6th (for films submitted in 2020, Grand winners will be announced on May 6th 2021.) The judges’ decision is final. Only annual winners will be listed on IMDB. If you attempt to add/edit our IMDB page by yourself, without our approval your entry will be disqualified.
6. I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules.
7. I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
8. I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead.
9. To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
10. I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
11. I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, BF will not provide a refund.
12. The filmmaker/writer shall indemnify and hold harmless BF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason(s) of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. BF DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway, or any other platform or by filling our ENTRY FORM you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
13. No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
14. Bridge Fest virtual pitch terms and conditions: You own or control your pitched project aka idea aka concept (including all elements within your project). You have the full and exclusive right to submit the project to Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries and no other person or corporation has any right, title or interest in the project inconsistent with your rights. Your project only contains content and performances, including music, which is created and owned by you and not by any third parties. If your project does include content or performances by a third party, you have received appropriate written permission from such third party to include their content and/or their performance in your project for the uses set out in this submission and Release at no additional cost to Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries or its licensees. If you are submitting the project on behalf of a corporation that owns the project, you have the authority to bind such corporation. You will provide Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries internet link to your pitch and pay relevant pitch entry fee. The project is not defamatory and does not infringe upon or violate the privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, publicity or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any third party.
Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries have not made any promise or representation to you about the project and have no obligation to select you for the showcase or use the project in any way. There is no agreement, express or implied, between you and Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries concerning the project, other than this release and the terms and conditions associated with your submission of the project.
Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries will give the project only the consideration that Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries, in their sole and absolute discretion, determine is appropriate.
Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries do not accept any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the application and the project. Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries have the right to copy, use, and distribute the project for the purpose of its evaluation and review.
You grant Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries the non-exclusive, royalty-free, unlimited right to copy, promote, use, distribute your project (and/or combine it with another piece of content) on any digital platform for two years from the date of first public use by Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries or its licensees of your project in Canada or worldwide “Rights”.
You grant Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries the right to sublicense any of the Rights to a third party and others, as may be applicable.
Your project will not contain any form of sponsorship, product placement or virtual advertising. By submitting your project you agree to grant Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries irrevocable right to option or buy your project first for potential development.
Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries may have already and may in the future receive or independently develop materials similar to your project. Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries have the unrestricted right to use these similar materials and you will have no right or recourse against Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries for use of these similar materials. There will be only one Grand annual pitch winner.
By submitting and pitching your project to Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries you confirm that you have read and agreed to this Terms and conditions. You also agree to supply Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries any additional information or documents which Bridge Fest and its affiliates, partners and subsidiaries considers relevant to your pitch itself or project.
15. BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
Please log in to write a review!