**** Avail 30% discount on WFCN with code DIS30VALLEY. Valid till June 26, 2020. ***
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of festival operations fin light of the COVID 19 issue. The festival team along with the honourable jury remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per prevailing schedule and process. All our screening events will remain postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this situation is over.
Indus Valley Film Festival is specially engaged in discovering and nurturing emerging filmmakers from around the globe. We aim to create a community of independent film-makers and an environment where we can celebrate independent film and our submitters’ creations.
With splendid mountains and plunging river valleys, Himachal Pradesh is a pristine North Indian destination that would be in the bucket list of travellers of all kinds. Embellished with religious sites, shimmering lakes, sprawling apple farms, ancient monasteries and historical heritage sites, while offering numerous adventure activities, Himachal Pradesh boasts myriad of tourist places which make one fall in love with it. Now, we are bringing a film festival to this valley of various attractions.
Every film submitted to our festival is watched with a keen perspective on quality and artistic expression. Artistic standards are extremely high, but neither budget nor prior notoriety is a determining factor - the art must shine through. This approach brings significant prestige, satisfaction, and credibility to the filmmakers whose works are accepted.
The officially selected project in each season receives IVIFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Indus Valley International Film Festival (IVIFF) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
IVIFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the IVIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the IVIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the IVIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
Our short film "Death Offers Life - last moments of Vincent Van Gogh" got four awards which is a great encouragement for us. I thank you all for our entire team. Let you continue with your support for film makers.20 May, 2020
Great thanks for the 4 awards (documentary, editing, cinematography, concept) for "The Lost Paradise", a nostalgic film full in accordance with the present times, where our lives will no more be the same, during many years.13 May, 2020
A good start to the festival. Good luck to the festival. The cinematic community needs you.12 May, 2020
Really a good festival as they are judging all aspects of the film diligently. I recommend this to all filmmakers.11 May, 2020
Our short film, Voice of my eyes have been awarded in four categories. Really a great encouragement & recognition for our team. Thanks to the Festival team.09 May, 2020
a highly recommended festival, an honor to have been part of the winners of the first session09 May, 2020
Excellent Festival. Amazing hospitality and prompt response.30 Jan, 2020
Response from festival:
Thank you31 Jan, 2020
Please log in to write a review!