Sieger Awards (International Short Film and Music Awards) is a 100% FREE ENTRY CONTEST. Sieger Awards is an industry showcase of the very best of emerging filmmaking and music album making talent from around the world.
Submitted entries will be featured on our new Youtube Channel where the audience will vote on their favorites and our celebrity judges will select their picks for each category. This is a major opportunity for new and experienced filmmakers to gain exposure and awareness of their content while also building their online presence through a platform that is constantly looking for talented creators.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOUR FILM CANNOT BE SHOWCASED ONLINE.
Voted by Youtube community via a combination of Likes and Views:
Audience Favorite Short Film - Digital Certificate
Audience Favorite Musical Video - Digital Certificate
Judged by our expert film and music industry partners:
Best Short Film - Digital Certificate
Best Musical Video - Digital Certificate
Sieger Award "Official Selection" laurel to Top 50 Short Films
Sieger Award "Official Selection" laurel to Top 20 Music Videos
Note: No Cash prize
- FREE SUBMISSION: The entry for the short film, documentary, music video is free.
- One participant can send as many entries he/she likes.
- The entry form must accompany synopsis/description, Filmography of the Producer & Director, posters (if any), still photos, press kit.
Short Films and Musical Videos must be submitted via FilmFreeway only with download permission.
- YOU MUST OWN THE FULL RIGHTS TO THE FILM.
- All genres will be accepted
- Short film duration maximum of 45 minutes
- Musical album duration maximum of 10 minutes
- All submissions must have been completed after 1st January 2016.
- The film can be in any language, but it should be subtitled in English.
- Short, Documentary Films and Musical Album that have been already exhibited on the Internet or any other medium also eligible to participate in the contest
- Works-in-progress are accepted.
- The publicity material (Brochure, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film to be enclosed with the entry.
- Videos must contain a synopsis. If submission without a synopsis will not be considered.
- The Festival maintains the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at any time without notice.
SCREENING & SELECTION
- All selected short, documentary films and music videos will be available on the Youtube channel for an undetermined time.
- Youtube Likes (Voting) and Views will be closed on April 15, 2021, at 6 PM (Indian Standard Time).
- We analyze viewer metrics at real-time speeds and compare the engagement signals -- such as total watch time, audience retention, like-to-dislike ratio, click-through rate, social media shares, etc. (Total watch time = audience retention x click-through rate. Total watch time for a film is dependent upon how long someone watches the film, multiplied by the percentage of people who click to watch it.)
- The Festival committee has the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The final selected films and music for the awards will be informed via email and listed on the festival's website.
- We CANNOT showcase films with graphic nudity, excessive violence or explicit sex, due to YouTube and Facebook policies.
- If you plan to release the film on other YouTube channels, we ask that you consider allowing us to be the first/original uploader. YouTube's algorithm may throttle or hide duplicate content to prevent spam. Allowing us to be the first/original uploader ensures your release reaches as many viewers as possible. If you have the film on a personal channel, you can delete then re-upload it after we release it.
- By submitting your film you agree that your short film can be uploaded on the festival's Youtube Channel (Sieger Short TV), embed on the festival website, and showcased to physical and online audiences.
- The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film or music video must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing.
- By submitting, the filmmaker allows Sieger Awards to upload or create a page for their film or music video without infringing the copyright of any kind of form.
- If you ever need us to take down your film for any reason, let us know and we'll remove it, no questions asked. Similarly, we do NOT guarantee indefinite placement on our youtube channel and may move/remove the film from our channels.
- Short films that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work. By submitting Short Films to Sieger Awards, the filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script, and other creative and technical aspects of the film. By entering the Festival, the entrant agrees that Sieger Awards will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
- The submitter declares that he or she holds all copyrights to the film. Additionally, the creator of the film declares that he or she holds the necessary rights and has paid all relevant fees concerning music used in the film and all iconographic materials. The music license needs to include for public presentations of the film.
- The creators of the film bear all financial and legal responsibility for infringement of rights held by third parties. In the case of images of third parties being featured in the film, the creator of the film declares that he or she holds all required rights and received permission to use the image of the person concerned.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sieger Awards, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
- The submitter may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offense or infringement. Racial, religious, and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the film being submitted.
- The Sieger Awards reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project, or screenplay in question is disqualified or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
- Affidavits of winners under 18 years of age at the time of award must be countersigned by a parent or legal guardian. Affidavits are subject to verification by the Sieger Awards.
- All the legal issues, if any, shall be under the jurisdiction of Chennai only.
The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the Sieger Awards. The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the Sieger Awards and make available the print for screening. Under NO circumstance, the authorities of Sieger Awards will entertain or be answerable to anyone else apart from the applicant.
Please log in to write a review!