Budhwa - a native tribal realizes his true identity while serving to his rich masters. Despite being an integral part of the Tribal Community, Budhwa sabotaged its own people, culture, Identity, and beliefs in pursuit of his greed.
Completed On: 31 Jul, 2019
Duration: 1 hr 49 min 0 sec
Genres: Feature, Fiction
Director: Nandlal Nayak
Submitted By: Brijesh Gurnani
CastSubrat DuttaKamal munda
CastRinkal KachhapReshu Munda
CastGita GuhaRadha Munda
Film TypeFeature, Fiction
Runtime1 hours 49 minutes 0 seconds
Completion Date31 Jul, 2019
Country of OriginIndia
Country of FilmingIndia
Born in the lineage of traditional Jharkhandi fork artist family, Son of Padmashri Mukund Nayak – Nandlal Nayak grew up surrounded by the rhythms and melodies of tribal folklore of Jharkhand. Ford Scholar Nandlal Nayak travelled across globe, not only to spread the fragrance of tribal folk music
of Jharkhand to the world, but also to collaborate with the musicians and film-makers from USA, Japan, Ghana, Germany, Italy, Austria, Great Britain etc. Films and music of Nandlal showcases his global exposure, yet grounded in his folk tradition. Nayak has been an ambassador of Jharkhandi music, dance, film and culture for over a decade.
• Music Direction for the critically acclaimed feature film PHULMANIA (Nagpuri language), Directed by Lal Vijay Shahdeo, 2019.
• Music Direction Short film 30 mint – (Hindi language) THE LAST SUPPER, Directed by Sanjeev Mohapatra, 2019.
• Music Direction for the critically –acclaimed feature film (Hindi language) LOHARDAGA, Directed by Lal Vijay Shahdeo, 2018.
• Composed Sound Track for the feature film (Nagpuri language) BAHA, Directed by National Award winner Director Sriprakash, 2007.
• Music Direction for the Critically-acclamied feature film (English language) AMU, Directed by National award winner director Shonali Bose, 2005.
• Recorded percussion for the internationally critically-acclaimed feature film (English language) IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE, Directed by Wong kar wai, 2000.
• Creative Award from the National Endowments for the Arts, USA, 2005.
• Senior Performing Artist Fellowship Award from the American Institute of
Indian Studies, 2004.
• Creative Artist Award form the Japan-US friendship Commission/National
Endowment for the arts, 2003.
• Award and Citation from the Massachusetts Legislature for contribution to the cultural life of Massachusetts, 1996.
• INDROADS award from the Institute for International Education/Ford
• Selected Awards for Amu: FIPRESCI Critics Award, January, 2005.
• Jury Award, Torino, Italy (Cine Donne Film Festival) October, 2005.
• Star Screen Award – Best English Film (India) January. 2006.
• National Award, India, Best English Language Film, October, 2005.
Please log in to write a review!