Green Academy Awards (GAA) stands as a unique film festival, meticulously organized by a non-profit film society with a profound dedication to environmental preservation and sustainability. At the heart of GAA is a powerful belief in the transformative potential of film to raise awareness and instigate positive change in society. The festival serves as a platform to showcase films that articulate the "green language," effectively communicating the urgency of environmental concerns and capturing the raw beauty of our natural world.
GAA's vision extends beyond the confines of cinema, aspiring to make a meaningful contribution to the salvation of our planet. The ultimate goal is to revive Mother Earth to its purest form, fostering a harmonious coexistence between humanity and nature.
Embedded in GAA's mission is a commitment to creating widespread awareness about the threats humanity has posed to nature. The festival seeks not only to inspire change but to shape a sustainable future characterized by compassionate livelihoods and environmentally friendly practices. Proceeds generated from the festival are dedicated to supporting NGOs and governmental organizations actively engaged in the crucial task of preserving oceans, soil, and air.
In essence, GAA goes beyond being just a film festival; it is a rallying cry for environmental action, a celebration of cinematic artistry that serves a higher purpose. By leveraging the captivating power of film, GAA endeavors to inspire individuals to become stewards of the environment, fostering a deep sense of responsibility for the well-being of our planet.
All Officially Selected projects in each month will receive Green Academy Awards laurels and certificates. All monthly Award Winners will receive laurel and customised certificates and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Each year we select the Best of the Best (From the pool of all award winners from all Seasons) and the FINAL WINNERS receive the prestigious GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS and are screened at the theatre in Shillong in front of a live audience.
2022 Winners will have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in the Q&A session after the screening. We also provide incentives for winning films, and present promotional strategies for those films and their directors. But that's not all: GAA will take you global with the international distribution opportunities for your films.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms. GAA is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the GAA is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive the prestigious ‘GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS’ Trophy, Certificate of Recognition. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. Once a film is submitted to GAA, the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film. GAA is hereby granted the rights to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. The GAA reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GAA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. The organiser will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. GAA does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the GAA website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the GAA Laurel on your poster & banners.
8. All submitted films will be privately screened for the GAA judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best of the Best” films will receive prestigious GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS’, Trophy and Certificate.
10. Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film.
12. GAA may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
Please log in to write a review!