Submit your film now at the most attractive fees 50% Off On All Categories.
Waiver Code: IRIF50
There will be no cancellation or postponement of festival operations in light of the COVID 19 issue. The festival team along with the honorable jury remains committed to continuing the festival operations as per the prevailing schedule and process.
Indus River International Cinefest is a film festival with live screening originating in India. Passionate, sophisticated, and devoted to living the good life, Himachal Pradesh is a state full of natural beauty.
Himachal's diverse landscapes stir the soul. The Reo Purgyil and the Kinnaur Kailash ranges are as beautiful as any mountain range in the state, while the view of Chau Chau Kang Nilda peak from Demul Village rises improbably from the sun-kissed plateaus of Himachal Pradesh; these are hiking destinations of the highest order. The wildly beautiful cliffs of Taranda Dhank in Kinnaur are offset by the charming coves. And everywhere you go, villages of timeless beauty perch on hilltops, huddle in valleys and cling to coastal outcrops as tiny but resilient outposts of Himachal Pradesh. That's where the states' charms are most likely to take hold.
IRIC supports talented filmmakers in their pursuits by showcasing their best artworks through a film festival designed to promote local, regional and international short films. The festival is run and managed by a group of Cinephiles themselves.
Our vision is to create an opportunity for independent filmmakers to have their work screened and judged. We believe in the potential of the public of becoming a significant factor in contributing to the development of the filmmaking process and we aim to engage them in discovering the potential of the online to cinematic culture.
The officially selected project in each season receives an IRIC laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificates.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Horror/Science Fiction Feature Film
Best Women’s Film
Best Film on Women
Best LGBT Film
Best Animated Film
Best Family/Children Film
Best Educational Film
Best Film on Disability Issue
Best Film on Religion
Best Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife
Best Travel Film
Best Silent Film
Best One Minute Film
Best Postmodern Film
Best Free Speech Film
Best Television/Pilot Program or Series
Best Music Video
Best Film Score/Soundtrack
Best Film/Video Poster
Best Treatment/ Synopsis
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Indus River International Cinefest(IRIC) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
IRICF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the IRICF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selections, nominees, and winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award, or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the IRICF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the IRICF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
Please log in to write a review!