*** Avail 25% DISCOUNT only on WFCN. Valid till 15th June. Waiver Code - OMIFF25 ***
Important note on COVID-19
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of festival operations fin light of the COVID 19 issue. The festival team along with the honourable jury remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per prevailing schedule and process. All our screening events will remain postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this situation is over.
Located in the central portion of Nepal, Kathmandu is known as the “Temple City of the World”.
Kathmandu is also home to a large art and music community, a growing filmmaking community, and generous patrons of the arts making Kathmandu audiences a hallmark of the festival. Sophisticated movie-goers of all ages and backgrounds - hungry for the quality independent film - audiences are receptive, opinionated and genuine.
Old Monk International Film Festival – Kathmandu seeks to showcase independent films from the international arena that offer a unique flavour and a meaningful insight into the native culture. The organizers of OMIFF also hope that an important by-product of this festival will be the creation of fertile ground for the conception of international co-production ventures. On a philosophical level, the goal of OMIFF is to become a venue for filmmakers from around the world to engage in artistic discussions and interactions and become the standard-bearer of artistic self-expression and independent cinema.
Screening a film at OMIFF is a catalyst for generating awareness and buzz in the epicentre of the country that radiates through the region.
The officially selected project in each season receives OMIFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature (>40 mins)
Short Film (<40 mins)
Besides the CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Old Monk International Film Festival (OMIFF) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
OMIFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the OMIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the OMIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the OMIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
Please log in to write a review!