**** Avail 20% DISCOUNT exclusively on WFCN till 13TH JULY 2020. Waiver Code - PIFFG20****
Important note on COVID-19
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of our Festivals operations for this COVID 19 issue. Festival team along with Honourable juries remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per prevailing schedule and process.
All our screening events will remain currently postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this current situation is over.
At Panjim International Film Festival - Goa, we celebrate filmmakers who challenge the conventional way of filmmaking and aim to discover new talents whose works are bold, daring and reinvent and push the frontier of cinema.
Panjim International Film Festival - Goa focuses on films made by new directors of all backgrounds, with a unique vision and fresh voices. The mission of the festival is to create exposure for bold and daring creative works that might otherwise go unnoticed.
We focus on new ideas and original creative contents from local, national and international aspiring filmmakers. The festival showcases new shorts, features, documentaries, animations, video art and experimental films that reinvent and push the frontier of cinema from emerging talented individuals. Our international juries are looking for films made with passion, obsession and drive, films that go beyond expectations. A strong sense of authorship is a must.
The officially selected project in each season receives PIFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature (>40 mins)
Short Film (<40 mins)
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Panjim International Film Festival (PIFF) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
PIFFis open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the PIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the PIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the PIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
Our film "Death Offers Life - last moments of Vincent Van Gogh" got two outstanding achievement awards for short and for experimental film categories which is a great encouragement for us. This award coming from Goa, being an international tourist spot and famous for the permanent venue for the International Film Festival of India doubles our joy. Thanks to you all.13 May, 2020
Very happy to be a winner at Best Script category!12 May, 2020
I'm grateful and humbled to receive an Outstanding Achievement Award for False Start. Thank you.10 May, 2020
I'm grateful and humbled to receive an Outstanding Achievement Award for False Start. I can't wait to receive my certificate and laurel, a great film festival.10 May, 2020
I recommend this festival, and very honor to have been part of the winners thank you for everything08 May, 2020
Response from festival:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We very much appreciate it. It has been wonderful reviewing your film. Best wishes for future projects.08 May, 2020
Thank you for your support of independent films. Thanks to you my work is recognized. Thank you for your visibility and your rewards.07 May, 2020
Response from festival:
We appreciate your talent and hard work as a filmmaker, Victorine. We know it takes determination and hard work and you possess both, as is viewed in your film. Wonderful working with a filmmaker like you!08 May, 2020
Thank you so much to provide great platform for Indie filmmakers and thanks lot to select my film 'the key of life' in this great festival04 May, 2020
Response from festival:
It was an honour reviewing your film Anku. All the best best for your future endeavours. Thank you for choosing Panjim International Film Festival. We hope to see more good work from you.08 May, 2020
5/13/20~We very much appreciate receiving Panjim International Film Festival’s beautiful Certificates documenting our “GettingPaid.us” and “WineGame” Awards! In response to your supplying “WineGane” its first award ever (BEST DIRECTOR), PIFF-Goa has gained a prominent, permanent position on that new Short’s Poster. Please keep up your GREAT work!24 Apr, 2020
Response from festival:
Thank you so much for your kind words, Phillip! We appreciate it greatly. It is an honour that you chose PIFF Goa as your festival of choice. We hope to see more good work from you!08 May, 2020
Please log in to write a review!