International Hollywood Academy Film Awards (HAFA) is a monthly festival with annual screenings in the Los Angeles area open to filmmakers and film lovers, recognizing and awarding the work of independent filmmakers worldwide.
International Hollywood Academy Film Awards (HAFA) is a festival of the arts, which includes cinema, music videos, musicals, web series, and theatre.
Submitted projects are judged by a team of the invited expert's film industry.
Our vision is to promote films, helping filmmakers to improve their careers.
Each month, our Jury will award the best films through private screenings.
All monthly winners will be automatically nominated for the prestigious GOLDEN STAR AWARDS (The Best of The Best). They will be screened (In selected Categories) at the Annual Live Screening Gala in the presence of juries, critics, film scholars, and eminent movie personalities from across the globe.
Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards!
The officially selected projects each month receive HAFA laurel and are announced on our Social media accounts or/and Website.
All monthly Winners receive HAFA laurel and certificate. The Monthly Winners are announced on HAFA Website periodically and will be promoted on HAFA Social Media accounts
Official Selection Laurel
Statuette International Hollywood Academy Film Awards
Winner Certificate – The monthly winners in each category receive a digital certificate, in addition to the Laurel of Festival.
Official Selection Certificate – The films that are Official Selection in the month receive a Selection Laurel.
Statuette Hollywood Academy Film Awards – The monthly winners in each category can purchase a Trophy. The winners may order one or more statuettes.
Winner Movies of the annual festival will be awarded Trophy without any cost.
What we’re looking for?
Story-based films can be in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non-fiction), or animation.
We do not accept:
1. Amateur videos.
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations.
4. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 1080p HD).
5. We don’t accept scripts.
6. We don’t accept excerpts/scenes from films: you must submit the entire film.
Genre & Extension of films: Short films, as well as feature films of any genre and format up to 40 minutes (short films) and 140 minutes (feature films), are accepted.
Screenplays: Filmmakers can enter their screenplay (of any genre, up to 40 pages) into the competition. They will not be published anywhere.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless International Hollywood Academy Film Awards, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss or damage of the screening videos entered.
A filmmaker can submit their films and works online through online film festival partner’s which is FILM FREEWAY.
Online screeners are preferred. If you choose not to upload your project to FilmFreeway’s site, please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password in an email correspondence sent directly to HAFA.
The films chosen by the Jury for the monthly competition will form the Official Selection of the month. The filmmaker is notified via email and through the festival´s partner where He/She submitted.
Entries that are submitted on and after the 15th day of each month will automatically be considered for the following month’s edition The monthly competition starts on the first day of the month and ends on the 15th of the following month. The Official Selection will be announced five days after our deadlines closed; the winning films of the month will be announced after live screenings. There will be an annual festival with all the monthly award winners films each year in selected month.
The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the right to do so and is responsible for its content. Only your movie will be placed online if you wish. There must be an express acceptance of you; Otherwise, only the trailer will be posted online.
Entry Fee Note:
Entry fees are in U.S. Dollars, are per project, and are non-refundable. HAFA reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met.
1) You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, project length, entry material, and other requirements
2) Non-English language projects must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted.
3) Any genre and format are accepted (from 1-minute films to long, narrative/artistic films).
4) Eligible projects include feature films, runtime 40 minutes and more and short films, runtime 40 minutes and less; including documentaries, narratives, animation, and experimental films.
5) Online screeners preferred. If you choose not to upload your project to FilmFreeway’s site, please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password in an email correspondence sent directly to HAFA.
6) HAFA does not download data or accept Dropbox submissions. Please only send links to your media hosted on 3rd party servers such as Vimeo or YouTube.
7) DVD Entries will not be returned.
8) Written comments describing entries are beneficial.
9) Entry fees are non-refundable.
10) No premiere status is required.
11) Rough cuts and incomplete projects are not accepted.
12) Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories. Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
13) The film submitted to the HAFA for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
14) The HAFA will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the HAFA programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
15) After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
16) A nominee will be privately screened for the HAFA judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
17) We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, director’s biography, and filmography, a link to your film.
18) Entries that are submitted on and after the 15th day of each month will automatically be considered for the following month’s edition
19) All films must have been made in or after 2017.
20) The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the HAFA. The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer / right holder to enter this film in the HAFA and make available the print for screening.
The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the HOLLYWOOD ACADEMY FILM AWARDS.
The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the HOLLYWOOD ACADEMY FILM AWARDS.
Winning categories vary every month depending on the submissions we receive. If we think the categories submitted are not to a standard of an HOLLYWOOD ACADEMY AWARDS win, they will be removed.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for HAFA to screen the film, video at times of the festival’s choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features and Short Film Programs. HAFA reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening
Please log in to write a review!