** SUBMIT YOUR FILM AT FLAT $5 USD**
Pablo Picasso once wrote that “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls”. To go through this hard time, we must turn to the arts. Creativity bears witness of resilience in times of crisis. The Artists translate their frustration, pain, confusion, anxiety, and hopelessness through the medium of art. Art is a powerful way to communicate complex ideas, inspire action and connect communities – helping advance resilience. Art can also inspire people to envision a hopeful future on an individual level, and take action to help realize that future. And the barricade of home cannot stop a true artist from creating. We all remember Jafar Panahi’s “This Is Not a Film”. Don’t we?
World Film Communities Network (WFCN) is bringing you “Creator in Crisis” to give you an outlet to showcase your extraordinary work in this period of crisis.
The winner in each category will be awarded a laurel and certificate. So, what are you waiting for? Enter the competition today!
The winner of Each category will get a laurel and a certificate from Creator in Crisis committee.
The officially selected project each month will receive laurel and certificate and the winners will receive customized certificate and laurel.
We will have an expert panel of film and music professionals to select and judge the entries.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Comedy Short
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Horror/Science Fiction Feature Film
Best Women’s Film
Best Film on Women
Best LGBT Film
Best Animated Film
Best Family/Children Film
Best Educational Film
Best Film on Disability Issue
Best Film on Religion
Best Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife
Best Travel Film
Best Silent Film
Best-One Minute Film
Best Postmodern Film
Best Free Speech Film
Best Television/Pilot Program or Series
Best Music Video
Best Film Score/Soundtrack
Best Film/Video Poster
Best Treatment/ Synopsis
Besides the BEST CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS.
+++ PLEASE NOTE THAT FILMS CAN NOT BE SUBMITTED VIA ANY PLATFORM! PLEASE READ OUR RULES & TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING.
+++ THANK YOU +++
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Creator In Crisis, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
CIC is open to any film, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to them does not guarantee selection. All the official selections, nominees, and winners will be listed on our website permanently. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. The film submitted to the CIC for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
3. The CIC reserves the right to refuse entries.
4. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CIC, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. The CIC will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the CIC programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the CIC judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CIC, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
12. CIC may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
• We retain the right to change the date of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through emails.
• We protect your personal information and do not sell or share it with any third parties.
Thank you for your ongoing support! This festival is going to be great!