The Brandenburg International Film Festival is driven and orchestrated by independent directors hailing from diverse corners of the globe. This festival stands as a creation by impassioned film creatives for fellow film creatives and their dedicated audience.
Our festival is a fresh and annual celebration of international cinema, featuring the work of emerging artists from around the world. We aim to spotlight avant-garde independent cinema, and every film in our selection invites viewers to explore, learn, and contemplate. BIFF is unwavering in its commitment to igniting inspiration, fostering motivation, and acknowledging the promise of new talent in the world of filmmaking.
Each month, the officially selected projects will be honoured with a laurel and a certificate. The winners, on the other hand, will receive a personalized certificate and an exclusive laurel.
In addition to the CATEGORY AWARDS, our festival presents a spectrum of accolades to celebrate excellence within the filmmaking community. These include the OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS, and HONORABLE MENTION AWARDS. These distinctions are bestowed in all our categories, recognizing exceptional talent and creativity across the board.
++ PLEASE NOTE THAT FILMS CANNOT BE SUBMITTED VIA ANY OTHER PLATFORM BESIDE WFCN. KINDLY READ OUR RULES & TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING. ++
Please read these Rules and terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film to competition at the Brandenburg International Film Festival, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules and terms.
BIFF is open to any film, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the BIFF does not guarantee selection. All the official selections, nominees, and winners will be listed on our website permanently. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. The film submitted to the BIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
3. The BIFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
4. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BIFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. The BIFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the BIFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. We require an official trailer or poster, a synopsis, and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the BIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BIFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
12. BIFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates on these Rules and terms.
By submitting your work, you indicate your acceptance of the festival's regulations. We sincerely thank you for your submission!