Berlin Motion Picture Awards (BMPA) is a monthly competition and annual live screening festival with innovative networking opportunities for international participants. We stand for promoting the art of filmmaking and the power of filmmakers to change the world. BMPA caters to celebrate the hard work and dedication of all its submitters, selecting the best to be in competition for the winner position. Our beautiful Berlin and its extensive natural landscapes reflect in the form of cinema, through the eyes of every Independent Filmmaker. We welcome you all to come and join our festivities and celebrate the essence of the World Film Industry together.
Our Motto: Entdecken Sie das pulsierende Herz Deutschlands in Berlin, einer Stadt, die Sie immer wieder in ihren Bann zieht
(Discover the beating heart of Germany in Berlin, a city that never fails to captivate you)
All Officially Selected projects of each month will receive our laurel and certificates.
All monthly Award Winners will receive laurel and customized certificates.
We have 2 different kinds of Awards, other than the Winner Award that equally value the art and hard work of all our participants, if selected. Our Jury decides a Winner each month from each category. Outstanding Achievement Award Winners and Critics’ Choice Award winners are then selected based on jury decisions and credibility of the film.
Each year we select the Best of the Winners from all Monthly Winners, Outstanding Achievement Awardees and Critics’ Choice Winners. The FINAL WINNERS receive the prestigious ANNUAL AWARD and are screened at a Movie Hall in Berlin in front of a wide audience.
BMPA is open to any film, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the BMPA is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selections, nominees, and winners will be listed on our website permanently. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1.The film submitted to BMPA for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different jury panels for each season.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
3. The BMPA reserves the right to refuse entries.
4. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
5.You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BMPA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. The BMPA will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the BMPA programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the BMPA judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BMPA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
12. BMPA may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
Please log in to write a review!