DICC OFFERS 50% DISCOUNT !!
USE CODE - NEWOFF50
Dubai the city custodian of art, culture, heritage and literature, stimulates the cultural and creative industries in the city as well as enables a sustainable and thriving ecosystem to enhance Dubai’s position as a global center for culture, an incubator for creativity, and a thriving hub for talent.
Dubai is a city powered by creativity, blending pride in its heritage with a visionary approach towards a future of innovation, empowerment and knowledge. The city enjoys a unique, dynamic identity rooted in heritage and embraces the cultures of the world, where global excellence is reflected and realized.
From futuristic advancements to reflections of a timeless heritage, Dubai is intimately linked to the wider world, presenting a home for every innovator, artist and entrepreneur through initiatives and outreach programs.
Dubai International Cine Carnival offers you, particularly the Indie filmmakers, to get a live screening of your film in front of a large audience, get prestigious awards and international recognition. The fastest-growing film festival in the Middle East aims to showcase emerging filmmakers’ talents with celebration in a 100% audience choice awards platform at several interesting and prestigious screening-locations. Not only this, DICC will take you to global platforms through its wide range of global film distribution networks.
DICC is a monthly live screening film festival. Each month more than 50 films from the different categories are officially selected and out of them, at least one per category is awarded. Most representatives are monthly screened at a prestigious venue in Dubai and are rated on their respective IMDB pages (if applicable). All these monthly winners are automatically qualified for the annual live screening gala in the City of Gold and can be nominated for the prestigious Annual Gala (the best of the best). The annual event is a glamorous red carpet premiere with press conferences and gala parties in DICC in the presence of international movie celebrities and media. The participants have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas, ideologies and cultural diversities. The winners have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in Q&A after the screening for a healthy discussion about the film.
DICC has a unique model, which is nothing like any other film festivals you have ever heard of before. We provide a genuine opportunity to filmmakers, right from the submission level. It includes introductions to regional and international sales agents, distributors and talent managers. DICC's aim is to help you launch your professional career within the film industry - showcasing your work around the world, building press coverage, exposing you to sales agents, distributors, global production companies, talent agencies, and worldwide producers. The festival welcomes work from all over the world. We expect to receive films with courage, personable endeavours and unique voices.
All Officially Selected projects in each month will receive DICC laurels and certificates. All monthly Award Winners will receive laurel and customized certificates and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable). Each month, most representatives of monthly award winners are screened in different places.
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Each year we select the Best of the Best (From the pool of all award winners from all Seasons) and the FINAL WINNERS receive the prestigious ANNUAL AWARDS and are screened at the theatre in Phuket in front of a live audience.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of DICC, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms DICC is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the DICC is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive prestigious ‘ANNUAL AWARD’ Trophy, Certificate of Recognition. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. Once a film is submitted to DICC, the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film. DICC is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. The DICC reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless DICC, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. The organizer will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. DICC does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the DICC website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the DICC Laurel on your poster & banners.
8. All submitted films will be privately screened for DICC judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best of the Best” films will receive prestigious ANNUAL AWARD, Trophy and Certificate.
10. Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film.
12. DICC may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
Please log in to write a review!