Welcome to the Fourth Season of Global Cinefest Of Lisbon !!
** FLAT $6 USD FOR ALL CATEGORIES **
Global Cinefest of Lisbon is a film festival in Portugal dedicated to creating a communication platform for Portugal and international youth filmmakers, as well as building friendly relationships between youth and professional filmmakers, through the medium of film. Global Cinefest of Lisbon is dedicated to discovering new filmmakers and enhancing cultural relations via the medium of film.
It gives independent regional filmmakers the chance to show their new work. Our goal is to promote the work of budding, independent filmmakers all over the world.
Each month, a laurel and certificate will be given to the officially selected project, and the winners will receive a personalized certificate and laurel.
The entries will be chosen and judged by an expert panel of film and music experts.
+++ PLEASE READ THE RULES & GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING. +++
The officially selected project each month will receive laurel and certificate and the winners will receive customized certificate and laurel.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Comedy Short
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Horror/Science Fiction Feature Film
Best Women’s Film
Best Film on Women
Best LGBT Film
Best Animated Film
Best Family/Children Film
Best Educational Film
Best Film on Disability Issue
Best Film on Religion
Best Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife
Best Travel Film
Best Silent Film
Best-One Minute Film
Best Postmodern Film
Best Free Speech Film
Best Television/Pilot Program or Series
Best Music Video
Best Film Score/Soundtrack
Best Film/Video Poster
Best Treatment/ Synopsis
Besides the CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS, and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT FILMS CAN NOT BE SUBMITTED VIA ANY OTHER PLATFORM BESIDES WFCN! PLEASE READ OUR RULES & TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING ***
*** THANK YOU ***
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition at the Global Cinefest Of Lisbon, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
GCL is open to any film, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the GCL does not guarantee selection. All the official selections, nominees, and winners will be listed on our website permanently. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. The film submitted to the GCL for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
3. The GCL reserves the right to refuse entries.
4. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the GCL, from, and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges on the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. The GCL will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the GCL programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the GCL judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the GCL, from, and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
12. GCL may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates on these Rules & Terms.
The submission of a work implies acceptance of the regulations.
Thank you for your submission!
Please log in to write a review!