Use Waiver Code: ICAK60 and avail of a discount of 60% on all submissions.
Welcome to the Imperial Cinema Awards. Kolkata has been a city of Imperialism for many reasons. The historical magnificence of Kolkata, the royal heritage, and the rich culture of the land of Bengal everything make Kolkata a unique and magical empire. Art and culture are associated with Kolkata from an early age. Who doesn’t know the name of Satyajit Ray? The legend, who achieved the first Honorary Academy Award from Bengal in the year 1992 and has contributed his whole life to Indian cinema; is undoubtedly the father of Art Cinema. Kolkata is rooted in Art and Cinema. Honoring our legendary filmmaker and the culture of Kolkata we have brought to you this amazing film festival; Imperial Cinema Awards- Kolkata.
This festival intends for uplifting all the filmmakers of the independent genre who are pouring their hearts out but not attaining the deserving success or recognition. We aim at encountering all such gems and bringing them into the limelight by imparting recognition in the most incredible way.
ICA’s main objective is to celebrate the joy of creativity in Kolkata, a city with a rich cinematic history. From the beginning of cinema, it has piqued the interest of all film buffs. ICA presents a strong feeling of community around the art of visual storytelling while also showcasing a remarkable exhibition of independent filmmaking.
ICA honors films from all around the world by bestowing awards in a variety of categories and genres. Our objective is to find new voices from all walks of life and to promote artists' work across several platforms.
Filmmakers can submit their movies to be judged by award-winning industry professionals against a high standard of merit and compete against other filmmakers from around the world in each edition. Every entry can include a variety of extra judging categories, but it must be submitted to one of the MAIN CATEGORIES to be considered for further consideration.
The officially selected project each month will receive laurel and certificate and the winners will receive customized certificate and laurel.
We will have an expert panel of film and music professionals to select and judge the entries.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Comedy Short
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Horror/Science Fiction Feature Film
Best Women’s Film
Best Film on Women
Best LGBT Film
Best Animated Film
Best Family/Children Film
Best Educational Film
Best Film on Disability Issue
Best Film on Religion
Best Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife
Best Travel Film
Best Silent Film
Best One Minute Film
Best Postmodern Film
Best Free Speech Film
Best Television/Pilot Program or Series
Best Music Video
Best Film Score/Soundtrack
Best Film/Video Poster
Best Treatment/ Synopsis
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - THESE APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS REGARDLESS OF CATEGORY.
+++ PLEASE NOTE THAT FILMS CANNOT BE SUBMITTED VIA ANY PLATFORM! PLEASE READ OUR RULES & TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING.
+++ THANK YOU +++
All entrants are required to accept the following terms and conditions as part of the entry process. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - THESE APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS REGARDLESS OF CATEGORY.
All entrants are required to accept the following terms and conditions as part of the entry process. Red Soil International Film Festival reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or issue binding rules on any matter not included in these terms and conditions as needed. Such decisions shall be final.
1. The film submitted to the ICA - KOLKATA for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
3. The ICA - KOLKATA reserves the right to refuse entries.
4. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Red Soil International Film Festival, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. ICA - KOLKATA will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the Red Soil International Film Festival programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the Red Soil International Film Festival judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Red Soil International Film Festival, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
12. ICA - KOLKATA may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
• We retain the right to change the date of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through emails.
• We protect your personal information and do not sell or share it with any third parties.
Thank you for your ongoing support! This festival is going to be great!
Please log in to write a review!