** Submit your film now at the most attractive fees or lowest submission fees**
**The submission fee is only $6 USD for all categories!!
Bangladesh is south Asia's greenest jewel – a country braided with rivers, with a rich culture waiting to be explored by pioneering travelers. Likewise, the International Open Film Festival – Dhaka is unique in the industry. Attracting both powerhouse companies as well as talented new filmmakers it is an exceptional, truly international awards competition, not a traditional film festival – which allows filmmakers from around the world to enter their films in this prestigious competition.
International Open Film Festival – Dhaka is an avant-garde worldwide competition that strives to give talented directors, producers, actors, new media creators, and members of the creative teams a unique venue for their work and the positive exposure they deserve. It discovers and honors the achievements of filmmakers who produce high-quality shorts and new media.
Ultimately, our festival seeks to create an exciting, vibrant program that represents the spirit of adventure, innovation, and distinctive storytelling.
The officially selected project in each season receives IOFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature (Above 40 minutes)
Short Film (35 or Less than 35 minutes)
Experimental Film (Any length)
Student Film (Any length)
Best Director (Any length)
Horror/Science Fiction/Genre Feature Film (Above 40 minutes)
Best Actor (Any Length)
Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR) and 360° Video (Any Length)
Drone Film (Any Length)
Web and New Media (Any Length)
Mobile Film (Any Length)
Women's Film (Any Length)
LGBT Film (Any Length)
Animated Films (Any Length)
Educational Films (Any Length)
Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife (Any Length)
One Minute Film
Television/Pilot Program or Series (Any Length)
Music Video (Any Length)
Besides the BEST CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS.
We are open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the festival is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive an award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the Festival for a particular season can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the festival judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
11. Filmmakers who are not Iranian yet submitting in the Iranian category, their films will be disqualified.