SUBMIT YOUR FILM AT $8 USD
La Dolce Vita Cine Roma is a monthly online competition for short-format filmmakers to win unique prizes and opportunities to expose their work to the film industry at large.
We love all genres of independent cinema: short films, documentaries, animations. Any language and any genre are accepted. All are equal to good cinema.
The mission of La Dolce Vita Cine Roma is to expand the arts. We hope to make this happen by providing an opportunity for individuals and organizations to come together and celebrate independent films, filmmakers, and other local artists. LDVCR is designed to include and acknowledge the creative contributions of youth as well as adults while benefiting the community educationally, socially, and economically.
The officially selected project in each season receives LDVCR laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature Film (>40 mins)
Short Film (<40 mins)
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the La Dolce Vita Cine Roma (LDVCR ) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
LDVCR is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the LDVCR is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the LDVCR for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the LDVCR judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
11. Filmmakers who are not Iranian yet submitting in the Iranian category, their films will be disqualified.