**** Submit your films at 10 USD exclusively on WFCN till 30th August, 2020. ****
Important note on COVID-19
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of festival operations fin light of the COVID 19 issue. The festival team along with the honourable jury remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per prevailing schedule and process.
All our screening events will remain postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this situation is over.
Rosebud International Film Festival – Kolkata focuses on the unconventional, the unusual, the underground, the intuitive, the innovative, the minimalistic and the true artists of our time. The event was created by independent filmmakers, for independent filmmakers, with the sole purpose to showcase and screen new and upcoming talents.
Our main objective is to provide the opportunity for filmmakers from all over the world to excel by accepting all genres, and to have the best work selected and showcased in a celebration of cinema, as well as to give filmmakers a platform to network amongst fellow professionals and cinematic artists. RIFF is looking forward to fostering these relationships and to helping extraordinary filmmakers get their projects seen by global audiences. RIFF unites cinematic, cultural, and educational +objectives by presenting its film discoveries.
We are also including and actively supporting not only the finest examples of classic moviemaking but experimental works, breaking ground in new non-narrative forms and crossing over into the video arts. All films will be reviewed as they are submitted, and the best in each category will be chosen to screen at the festival. A jury of industry professionals will then view the finalists and choose the winning selections.
The Screening of Rosebud International Film Festival takes place in the prestigious Rotary Sadan of Kolkata.
The officially selected project in each season receives RIFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature (>40 mins)
Short Film (<40 mins)
Besides the CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Rosebud International Film Festival (RIFF) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
RIFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the RIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the RIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the RIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
Love this festival and we started our winning spree with this fest and we were going lucky to be selected in more other too. Thanks to the Rosebud for honoring us.09 Sep, 2020
Thank you Rosebud International Film Festival for honoring my two screenplays, Legal Passion and Passed Over. An outstanding festival.04 Sep, 2020
As one of its first ever WFCN submissions, “GettingPaid.us” much appreciated Rosebud International Film Festival honoring our Hollywood illegal employment practices exposé Movie with Best Experimental Film plus Documentary and Short Film Outstanding Achievement Awards. They helped make us fall in love with WFCN!03 Sep, 2020
highly recommended festival for filmmakers. Thank you for this honor ...03 Sep, 2020
Great festival !!! My film Simile (Upama )won 2 outstanding achievement awards as well as 1 winner award on the second season.Highly recommended festival .It supports and encourages all the independent filmmakers..
Excellent communication also....04 Aug, 2020
Our film "Death Offers Life - last moments of Vincent Van Gogh" got two outstanding achievement awards which is a great encouragement for us. We thank all of the team of this festival. "Rosebud" is the cause of the classic film "Citizen Kane" which is the last words of Orson Welles the hero of the film. The film proceeds in investigating the relevance of the term.07 Jul, 2020
Response from festival:
Madhu, thank you so much for your support. Cheers!23 Jul, 2020
Please log in to write a review!