**** Avail 20% DISCOUNT exclusively on WFCN till 30th July 2020. Waiver Code - GRANDRIFF****
Important note on COVID-19
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of festival operations fin light of the COVID 19 issue. The festival team along with the honourable jury remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per prevailing schedule and process.
All our screening events will remain postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this situation is over.
Rosebud International Film Festival – Kolkata focuses on the unconventional, the unusual, the underground, the intuitive, the innovative, the minimalistic and the true artists of our time. The event was created by independent filmmakers, for independent filmmakers, with the sole purpose to showcase and screen new and upcoming talents.
Our main objective is to provide the opportunity for filmmakers from all over the world to excel by accepting all genres, and to have the best work selected and showcased in a celebration of cinema, as well as to give filmmakers a platform to network amongst fellow professionals and cinematic artists. RIFF is looking forward to fostering these relationships and to helping extraordinary filmmakers get their projects seen by global audiences. RIFF unites cinematic, cultural, and educational +objectives by presenting its film discoveries.
We are also including and actively supporting not only the finest examples of classic moviemaking but experimental works, breaking ground in new non-narrative forms and crossing over into the video arts. All films will be reviewed as they are submitted, and the best in each category will be chosen to screen at the festival. A jury of industry professionals will then view the finalists and choose the winning selections.
The Screening of Rosebud International Film Festival takes place in the prestigious Rotary Sadan of Kolkata.
The officially selected project in each season receives RIFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature (>40 mins)
Short Film (<40 mins)
Besides the CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Rosebud International Film Festival (RIFF) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
RIFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the RIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the RIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the RIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
Our film "Death Offers Life - last moments of Vincent Van Gogh" got two outstanding achievement awards which is a great encouragement for us. We thank all of the team of this festival. "Rosebud" is the cause of the classic film "Citizen Kane" which is the last words of Orson Welles the hero of the film. The film proceeds in investigating the relevance of the term.07 Jul, 2020
Greetings to participants of the Rosebud International Film Festival !
I would like to advise the young cinematographers not to let cinematography become only entertainment again. Because, cinematography was created for an entertainment and then with the creative vision of Charlie Chaplin, Mêlées, Griffith, Eisenstein, Fritz Lang, Samad Mardanov, Stayajir Ray, Mrinal Sen and so on, movie was transformed into art. Cinematography has to give positive emotions to humanity. We have to keep this world together. Love CINEMATOGRAPHY in yourself, not yourself in CINEMATOGRAPHY. World is a home for all of us and cinematograph should intend to protect our home.
Thank you.”07 Jul, 2020
Thank you, Rosebud International Film Festival. Our team is extremely Proud and Honored to have been chose as the Winner of Best Narrative Feature, for our film "The Sanctuary". We highly recommend this festival, very good communication and Tremendous opportunities for our Cast and Crew. Please Stay Safe and Healthy during these difficult times.04 Jul, 2020
Thank you so much to official selection of the key of life in this awesome festival's. ❤01 Jul, 2020
Please log in to write a review!