The Scriptapalooza Screenwriting Competition was founded in 1998 with the goal of discovering promising writers and creating opportunities for them in the fiercely competitive entertainment industry.
Each year, dozens of production companies and literary representatives sign on to read the participating scripts, resulting in many being optioned or bought outright.
The first place winner receives $10,000, and Scriptapalooza promotes the semifinalists and finalists for a full year. Scriptapalooza, Inc., along with its divisions, is widely regarded by writers, producers and agents alike as the most influential and successful competition company of its kind.
Divisions include Scriptapalooza Screenplay Competition, Scriptapalooza Television Writing Competition and the Scriptapalooza Coverage Service.
This year we are awarding over $50,000 in cash and software prizes. Our First Place Winner will receive $10,000 Cash and all our Genre Winners will receive $500 Cash.
But the most important prize of all is that Scriptapalooza will promote, pitch and push the Semifinalists and higher for an entire year. We have relationships with producers, managers and agents that are actively looking for material. No other screenplay competition in the world does that.
This competition is open to any writer, 18 or older. Entering the competition constitutes permission to use the winners’ names and likenesses for publicity and promotions with no additional compensation. We reserve the right to publicize and promote any and all progress, development and success of the entered scripts.
- Any script from any genre will be considered.
-Multiple entries are accepted, provided you fill out an application for each script.
- Multiple authorship is acceptable. If the screenplay wins an award, that award will be divided among the writers, by the writers.
- Screenplays must be the original work of the author.
- On the cover page of your script, please DO NOT include your name or address. We only want the title of the script on the cover page.
- Scriptapalooza recommends registering your scripts with The Library of Congress.
- No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages for script entries will be accepted under any circumstances. If you wish to submit a new draft of your script you must treat it as a new entry…please fill out an application and pay the resubmission fee of $30. (writers who reach SemiFinalist status will have the opportunity to replace their script with a new draft for free)
- Submit scripts in English.
- For the SHORTS competition, your script must be under 40 pages.
- Body pages must be numbered.
- Scripts must be in industry standard format 12 point Courier font.
- The decisions of our Judges are final and may not be disputed.
- Please do not send CD’s, treatments, synopses, letters or resumes.
- Scriptapalooza is not responsible for submissions that are lost, stolen or damaged while in transit.
Please log in to write a review!