***** Avail 30% discount on submission prices only on WFCN till 28th October.
Code - 15SDIFF30DIS*****
Important note on COVID-19
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of festival operations fin light of the COVID 19 issue. The festival team along with the honorable jury remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per prevailing schedule and process.
All our screening events will remain postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this situation is over.
We, at Sand Dance Film Festival, believe that cinema is beautiful and storytelling is diversely serene. We believe that it is time that new age experimental storytellers and artists are given their rightfully deserved audience. Our aim through this festival is to reignite the love for cinema which has somewhere been blurred due to the commerce of the trade.
The festival aims to travel across borders to develop a spirit of friendship and cooperation with international festivals and filmmakers from all over the world. Jaisalmer, the golden city is an emblem of bygone aristocracy in itself.
Sand Dance screens short films that tell stories of people around the world. This is an independent film competition with quarterly physical screening. Sand Dance Film Festival is open to all Organization /Agency /Independent /Producer/Directors aiming to inspire, motivate and award the truly innovative and artistic geniuses of our time. Every independent artist hopes to one day emerge from the underground scene and share their talents with the masses. Hopefully, the showcase platform we provide will help facilitate that dream. We’re excited to display a wide range of works from all genres that will have industry pros, filmmakers and filmgoers buzzing.
Our mission is to promote the films of low-budget filmmakers that dissent radically in form or content from the mainstream, challenging the boundaries of the commercial distribution, and to present imaginative works that dare to spark off heated discussions and transcend audience expectations.
The officially selected project in each season receives SDIFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature (>40 mins)
Short Film (<40 mins)
Besides the CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Sand Dance International Film Festival (SDIFF) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
SDIFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the SDIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (WFCN), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the SDIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the SDIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
I'm very glad that my movie got your attention and won an award , thank you so much , hoping for the continuation of your nice festival.30 Sep, 2020
I sincerely congratulate all the festival staff and their work for choosing my Short Film award winner. Thank you very much for your award.24 Sep, 2020
Wonderful festival to be a part of. We were respected and honored. We simply are waiting to finish our next project to enter into this festival again. Thank you team Sandance09 Sep, 2020
Great Festival! Thanks for the Opportunity!23 Aug, 2020
I’m very happy to participate in this well-oriented independent film festival. Many thanks to the team of the Sand Dance Int. Film Festival for their efforts and for awarding my script “Beyond Gates”. I feel that it is a recognition that crosses many borders. Thank you again!22 Aug, 2020
Response from festival:
It is our pleasure to have you working with us. Thank you so much and well wishes.22 Aug, 2020
Glad to be part of this competitive festival and more happy to be emerged as a winner with three awards.07 Jul, 2020
Response from festival:
It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your kind appreciation and high recommendations for our festival. We feel deeply privileged. Would be happy to work with you again.
22 Aug, 2020
What a honour and privilege it is, to have won multiple awards at the Sand Dance International Film Festival! Thank you so much for your kind and generous compliments regarding my film - and thank you for choosing FORETOLD to feature at your festival.27 Jun, 2020
Response from festival:
Congratulations on your winning. Thank you for your kind appreciation and high recommendations for our festival. We feel deeply privileged. Would be happy to work with you again.
22 Aug, 2020
Awesome start of a great festival! We experienced a great communication and very warm insight to our project that won three awards... All the best wishes to the future editions!26 Jun, 2020
Greetings to participants of the San Dance International Film Festivall!!!
I would like to advise the young cinematographers not to let cinematography become only entertainment again. Because, cinematography was created for an entertainment and then with the creative vision of Charlie Chaplin, Mêlées, Griffith, Eisenstein, Fritz Lang, Samad Mardanov and so on, movie was transformed into art. Cinematography has to give positive emotions to humanity. We have to keep this world together. Love CINEMATOGRAPHY in yourself, not yourself in CINEMATOGRAPHY. World is a home for all of us and cinematograph should intend to protect our home.
Thank you.”25 Jun, 2020
A fantastic festival. So honored to be a three time winner! Very well organized!24 Jun, 2020
Please log in to write a review!